Pattie Altobelli Barbato- Petite United America 2012/2013

Pattie Altobelli Barbato- Petite United America 2012/2013

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Survivor Committee Dinner


On Saturday, October 1st, the Survivor Committee and I spent the afternoon creating beautiful centerpieces for the Survivor Tent for the 2011 Komen Maryland Race for the Cure. We had a wonderful afternoon! We try to make the tent as extravagant as we can, and we offer special services for our survivors such as massages, temporary tattoos, and makeovers. I can assure you it's unlike anything you have ever seen! This committee works so hard for several  months prior to the race to ensure the survivors have an area of their own, where each and every one of them is recognized for their amazing accomplishment- survival! Each year we have a special theme for our tent. We try to keep it a secret so SHH! I can give you a hint, it goes to space. You'll have to join me to see what it is! We worked late into the evening so that we could get as much as possible completed. The Survivor Committee sees a lot of each other, especially a month or so before the race. I truly look up to these women and honestly, I am honored to work side by side with them. I will post photos of the centerpieces after Race Day so I don't spoil the surprise! I hope to see everyone there!